What’s the catch?
The catch is that a Pay Now button is very simple. In fact, it’s so simple it could easily be too simple for what you need to do! Here’s some situations where you would not use this plugin:
- an online shop where customers buy products or services
- donations that must identify donors
- automatic membership registration
- booking forms
Basically, if you need to prove who paid for what, the Pay Now button plugin isn’t for you. It’s possible to use eWAY’s Pay Now button with your own custom code to do that, and you can even use this plugin with your own code by using WordPress filters. But by itself, it won’t track who paid and what they paid for.
But if you just need a simple way to accept payments, a Pay Now button can help you do that. For example, it’s great for:
If you want to sell products or services online, we recommend you look at an ecommerce solution. WordPress supports many different ecommerce offerings. Here’s some good ones:
- WooCommerce — a very flexible ecommerce solution with extensions for pretty much any scenario
- Easy Digital Downloads — great for digital-only products like software or other downloads
- Gravity Forms — a forms builder that is great for donations, bookings, and simple product sales
We have a great integration for Gravity Forms and eWAY: